Matakana based artist Mark Wooller produces oil paintings in a semi surrealist style featuring the New Zealand bush and landscape. Wooller studies the history associated with various aspects of New Zealand landscape, and in his work he refers to a multitude of ephemera, documentation and historical records. These details enrich the narratives of his pieces.
The balance between human and nature; constancy and change, natural and constructed, have long interested Wooller and he illustrates these contemplations through the contrasts of words and landscape.
Mark Wooller has staged 30 solo exhibitions since 1988, and has work in collections both locally and internationally.
Mark Wooller produces richly detailed and semi-surrealist oil paintings depicting New Zealand landscape. Each piece is layered with historic ephemera, documentation and text references which enrich the narrative of the painting.
Mark Wooller Works Available At Black Door Gallery
Mark Wooller Artworks In Situ
More Mark Wooller Artworks & Exhibition History
Awards and Accolades
- 2019 Auckland Art Fair, Auckland
- 2008 Shanghai Art Fair, Shanghai, China
- 2007 Sydney Art Fair, Sydney, Australia
- 2003 LA Art Biennial, Los Angeles
- 2002 Jill Richards Gallery, Sydney
- 1991 Scopas Gallery, Ireland
- James Wallace Trust Collection
- TelstraClear Art Collection
- Numerous private collections.